Thursday, November 21, 2013

This is a long, overdue, update.

I am HORRIBLE at blogging. I think that much is clear now. We'll live in the present with this post though, I will fill you in later on what happened during my absence. Week Two of DETOX: I cut out dairy completely a year ago. I occasionally have a serving here or there but nothing major or consistent. I am now drastically reducing my intake of sugar and wheat gluten. The sugar part has been much, much, easier than the gluten part. I've been working on the sugar detox for two weeks now and I started the wheat detox this week. I've gone as far as eliminating my morning coffee creamer and I made an almond milk substitute, which honestly, needs more work. Pouring vanilla extract in almond milk isn't cutting it. I try to eat vegetarian at least one meal a day as well. So, I'm doing the right things but temptation still creeps up on me along with cravings. Such is life, no? I am feeling better with little to no wheat gluten in my system and I really regret any relapse I may have. I get massive cravings right now but I notice they get better with each passing day. My eczema has flared up really bad since reducing my wheat gluten intake too. I hear this is common with gluten intolerance though so it will pass. I tried smoothies for breakfast exclusively, I do only ok, but I am a hungry beast by 10am. I get up at 6am every day so in hindsight, I should be eating again by that time anyways. Honestly, I'm not that big of a smoothie fan either. I need to boil up some eggs so I have a quick and easy protein source at work. I'm open to any food tips people have! Gluten free products are crazy expensive here too. So I am stuck with protein, nuts, and veggies/fruit for small meals. It is easy for me to revert to old, bad, eating habit when I become busy with work. I try to stay ahead of the curve though and trying is half the battle. I am working out three days a week but have slipped up on that this week due to a horrible head cold. I hope this shit passes soon because it's kind of miserable beasting it out with horrible nasal congestion. It's not a sexy sound, at all. Current pictures: So there it is. Black Friday is next week so I will probably have plenty to say after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment